Pain Management Medical Devices
Managing pain can be challenging. Taking pain medication is often an option but brings with it potential negative side effects. Neurotech offers non-drug, never invasive, clinically proven and easy to use products designed to provide pain relief.
Neurotech®'s Transcutaneous Nerve Stimulation (TENS) devices can be used to either replace or complement existing drug therapies and can help reduce the risks of long-term exposure to NSAIDs, narcotics and other pain relieving medications. For older patients – and especially those with chronic conditions and who may have underlying liver, kidney, circulatory or gastro-intestinal problems – Neurotech's AvivaTens provides welcome relief without the risk of drug-related side-effects.
Advantages For You
- Proven Effective: Clinical research demonstrates TENS can relieve your pain
- Proven Safety Profile: You don’t have to worry about negative side effects from TENS
- Drug Free: Drug free therapy so you’re not on medication, and if you’re currently on medications, TENS can help reduce your intake and resultant side effects
TENS devices are widely used in the medical community. TENS technology consists of sending electrical pulses through pads placed on the skin to provide pain relief. The following are general theories accepted by the medical community for how surface neurostimulation provides pain relief.
- Pain gate control blocks the pain signals going to the brain
- Endorphin release, whereby it increases the production and release of endorphins reducing the pain sensation.
As a result, pain and discomfort is greatly reduced through the application of TENS.This will reduce the need for drug therapy and help patients regain their mobility and restore quality of life.
AvivaTens XPTM is a clinically proven, safe and effective means of providing a drug-free method of pain relief. It’s portable so your patients can use it at home or at work. Chronic pain sufferers, in particular, who experience sudden breakthrough levels of pain, can rely on AvivaTens XPTM for immediate and long-term pain relief when used with drug and non-drug treatment regimens.